SNF Holding Company is a global leader in water-soluble polymers that designs and manufactures a variety of mobile and stationary polymer processing plants. SNF considered Hagler Systems due to our manufacturing capabilities within rigid quality requirements that are expected from the end user. For this project, our client requested two 65' structural steel buildings that would enclose the polymer processing centers for the oil sands end user's Tailings Restoration Operations (TRO). These buildings were to be double-stacked and include peripheral supporting structures such as canopies and stairs.Challenge
The Challenges We Solved
- The buildings were required to be built in accordance to CWB W59 and CSA A660 codes and the end user’s specifications.
- The buildings had to be blasted to SSPC-10 and painted.
- Preassembly had to occur before completion due to the large building size.
- New CWB welding procedures and techniques had to be created due to some of the unique welded connections.
- Regulatory, QC, and customer surveillance required.
Where We Excelled
- Hagler Systems added value by converting the engineering design to 3D for the shop detailed drawings which enabled us to heighten analytical capabilities and catch problems before they occurred.
- Hagler Systems excelled at producing these large weldments in accordance with the codes and specifications required.